Thursday, September 6, 2007

Agua Clara Mainland Mexico














Agua Clara is one of my favorate places in Mexico. There isn't any accomodations here besides dry camping but this place is so special. As you can see the fresh water river here is light turquise and clean. It is the most beautiful river in the world in my opinion.
We were greeted by the mayan indians who lived there. I became friends with a young girl named Ana who taught me some of here native language. She spoke Celtal which is one out of about twenty five mayan languages. She helped me carry water up from the river and I taught her and her friends how to jump rope. This was a very special experience for me. By the end of our stay in Agua Clara all of the neighborhood kids found their way into our camper.

No comments: